2010年12月16日星期四

replica Vacheron Constantin watches work at new construction

The Big Rideby Jeffery Carter: SS Team Rider for the Breck EpicA buddy of mine once said, ”If you don’t hate the last hour of the ride, it’s probably not a Big Ride.” I think I was licking the inside of an expired Gu packet and trying to get a spigot to replica Vacheron Constantin watches work at new construction just south of Crested Butte after 9 hours in the saddle when I heard this. I contemplated throwing a rock at his head at the time, but in retrospect, I have realized these words resonate with truth.So,here’s to the big ride.

I mean, the Big Ride. I’m talking about thetwice-a-summer, all day adventure that is born from hours of brewed-upconjecture over maps, known networks of trail, potential connectorsbetween trail systems, a trail that “maybe” exists anda desire to risk getting lost on the wrong side of the hill, fifty roadmiles from home, an hour before dark with an replica Patek Philippe watches empty camelback, 1 gu, adead cell phone and three bucks. I think the Big Ride satisfies the Lewis and Clark in all of us. It is thissame instinct that as a child lead me to explore the hills and woodsaround my Connecticut home, try and make a boat out of plywood at age11 (bad outcome, in case you were wondering), and get interested in mountain biking in the first place.

Skierslook at distant mountains and envision unskied lines of waist deep pow;mountain bikers look at a wooded hillside and think “huh, I wonder if there’s trail in there?”The Big Ride refreshingly has nothing to do with racing and is likely best replica watches counterproductive as it frequently leads to trashing your legs, riding with a huge bonk or having three beers and no food in the first hour after a 10 hour day. But that’s the beauty of it- there’s no “winning” a Big Ride, and neither the jonny-one-runs nor the super intense aggro types are on the program.What exactly is this Big Ride you ask?